Computer network Concepts
Q. No. 1: Which of the following layer of OSI model also called end-to-end layer?
- Network layer
- Session layer
- Presentation layer
- Transport layer
Q. No. 2: What is the size of Network bits & Host bits of Class A of IP address?
- Network bits 7, Host bits 24
- Network bits 8, Host bits 24
- Network bits 8, Host bits 23
- Network bits 7, Host bits 23
Q. No. 3: The term FTP stands for?
- File transfer program
- File transmission protocol
- File transfer protection
- File transfer protocol
Q. No. 4: Most important advantage of an IC is its
- Reduced cost
- Extremely high reliability
- Easy replacement in case of circuit failure
- Low power consumption
Q. No. 5: What is the efficiency of the Go back N (ARQ) protocol?
- N = N * (1 + 2a)
- N = N / (1 + 2a)
- N = N / (2a + 2a)
- N = N * (2a + 2a)
Q. No. 6: What is the meaning of Bandwidth in Network?
- Connected Computers in the Network
- Class of IP used in Network
- Transmission capacity of a communication channels
- None of Above
Q. No. 7: In a synchronous modem, the digital–to-analog converter transmits signal to the
Q. No. 8: Which of the following is not the Networking Devices?
Q. No. 9: Which of the following is not a disadvantage of wireless LAN?
- All of the above
- Interference of transmissions from different computers
- Slower data transmission
- Higher error rate
Q. No. 10: RAKE receiver designed for _____.
- Multipath fading
- Data network
- Network connection
Q. No. 11: Which of the following is not the External Security Threats?
- Front-door Threats
- Back-door Threats
- Underground Threats
- Denial of Service (DoS)
Q. No. 12: Bluetooth is an example of
- Wide area network
- Virtual private network
- Personal area network
- Local area network
Q. No. 13: Which of the following protocols is the bit-oriented protocol?
- All of the these
Q. No. 14: The application layer of the OSI model is
- Four layer
- Six layer
- Five layer
- Seven layer
Q. No. 15: Which of the following terms is just the collection of networks that can be joined together?
Q. No. 16: What frequency range is used for micro-waves communication, satellite and radar?
- Medium frequency : 300 kHz to 3 MHz
- Extremely high frequency : 30,000 MHz
- Low frequency : 30 kHz to 300 kHz
- Super high frequency : 3000 MHz to 30000 MHz
Q. No. 17: Network congestion occurs
- in case of traffic overloading
- when connection between two nodes terminates
- when a system terminates
- none of the mentioned
Q. No. 18: Officer LANs that are spread geographically apart on a large scale can be connected using a corporate
Q. No. 19: A client of the DNS (Domain Name System) application is called _____.
- DNS resolver
- DNS Name
- DNS server
- DNS inquirer
Q. No. 20: To connect networks of similar protocols ____ are used.
- Dial-up routers